Join the CDCSB Team
Director of Fundraising and Philanthropic Partnerships
The Community Development Corporation of South Berkshire (CDCSB) seeks a Director of Fundraising and Philanthropic Partnerships to build, steward, and support the nonprofit’s fundraising efforts (corporate, individuals, foundations, federal/state grants).
What we do: The CDCSB is a community-based, nonprofit organization formed in 1988 whose mission is to provide affordable housing and economic development opportunities for low- and moderate-income people in the southern Berkshire region.
Who we’re looking for: The CDCSB has evolved significantly over the past few years and is looking for an individual who can help create even more impact in the community–to learn more, please visit CDCSB.org. You’re a passionate, entrepreneurial individual who excels at asking for and raising money. You’re a natural leader with a vision for growth and are comfortable creating initiatives and steering them from start to finish.
Why you should work with us: We’re a small organization, which means that we work individually and collaboratively in equal measure. As a team, we value each others’ lived experiences and insights, and we’re always willing to pitch in and help get a project to its completion. We’re passionate about our mission, but we’re also passionate about family and life outside of work. Emphasizing a healthy balance is part of our organizational culture. Benefits include 401(k) contribution with a match, health care stipend, paid time off, and a flexible/hybrid work location.
This position reports to the Executive Director and can be a part-time OR full-time opportunity.
- Serves as the CDCSB’s fundraising leader with the Executive Director, developing and implementing a comprehensive strategy for new fundraising efforts that will expand and diversify the funding base.
- Promotes a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization by setting strategies and timetables for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of high-level gifts from current major donors and prospects.
- Provides strategic direction and leadership for all activities of the giving program, including cultivating prospects, writing major proposals, managing grant and sponsorship programs, and identifying partnership opportunities.
- Leads the creation of fundraising materials throughout the year that resonate and inspire both current and prospective donors.
- Plans, oversees, and implements events that maximize major donor and prospect cultivation opportunities while connecting with the community.
- Performs prospect and donor research.
- Supports priorities set by the Executive Director and performs other duties as assigned.
- Manages part-time Communications and Marketing Coordinator and additional staff as needed.
- Supports budget development in partnership with the Manager of Finance and Operations.
- Works closely with Administrative Assistant to ensure timely database management.
- At least 5 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising with increasing levels of responsibility and achievement in executing successful fundraising initiatives
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team
- Rigorous attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills
- Comfort with meeting with and talking with potential donors and funders
- A commitment to the principles of equity and anti-racism
- Proficiency with a CRM fundraising database (LGL), Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and social media
Annual full-time salary range is $75,000-$95,000. Benefits include 401(k) contribution with a match, health care stipend, paid time off, and flexible/hybrid work location.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Fundraising and Philanthropic Partnerships” in the subject line. All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The Community Development Corporation of South Berkshire is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our mission-driven work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.